Few things in life are as challenging as folding an elastic sheet. This is one of those household chores that we prefer to ignore and leave for later because, let's face it, it never works.
You fold on one side, unfold on the other. You turn around and turn around and when you go to see what a sheet was supposed to be, you see a pile of scary cloth.
Worst of all, it's not the time it takes to accomplish this impossible mission, but the mess and wasted space inside the closet.
Yes that's right! A poorly folded elastic sheet consumes unbelievable space inside the wardrobe, you should know that.
But this post here was not made for regrets. We are here to help you master this eccentric art of how to fold an elastic sheet, let's see how it is done?
Tips for folding elastic sheet
Before you even start, know that there are some tricks and tricks that can help and a lot when folding an elastic sheet, see what they are:
- Enlist the help of someone else to fold the elastic sheet, especially if it is too big. Unity is strength, remember that!
- If you use a clothes dryer, choose to fold the elastic sheet as soon as the machine finishes the cycle. This prevents the sheet from crumpling excessively and makes it more difficult to fold.
- Don't even think about folding the elastic sheet in a small, tight space. To carry out this task with praise you will need a large space and a smooth surface.
After taking these precautions, just take a deep breath and go to the next step, step by step, follow below:
How to fold elastic sheet – Step by step
Now the time has come! Take your elastic sheet and follow the step by step below to learn how to fold it once and for all:
Step 1: The best way to fold the elastic sheet is to stand. So stay in that position.
Step 2: Turn the sheet inside out.
Step 3: Stretch your arms and place the curved end of the smaller side of the sheet in each hand, wrapping them. The tip we refer to here is the one that “hugs” the mattress, ok ?.
Step 4: Place the right end of the sheet over the left end, joining the seams.
Step 5: Keep these two corners in your left hand. Meanwhile, with your right hand, take the end that is hanging and bring it upwards, joining it with the two ends that are already in your other hand.
Step 6: Then, take the last end and bring it to the other three ends.
Step 7: When you get here you will already notice that the sheet has a folded face. But it's not over yet. Now place it on a smooth, flat surface. Straighten it with your hands, stretching and straightening.
Step 8: Fold the ends over each other, but keeping the elastic side facing up.
Step 9: Now fold it again, only from the sides, so that the elastic part is on the inside.
Step 10: If you want the sheet to be smaller in size to be stored, just fold it a few more times.
Step 11: Finish this process with the iron. Smooth the sheet with the iron, making it even more compact and easy to store.
Have any questions? Don't be that way! The following video shows the illustrated step by step for you to understand everything tim tim by tim tim. There are almost two million views, so don't worry, there are a lot of people going through the same pain as you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg305UutpnQ [/ embed]
Extra tips for folding elastic sheet
- If the first attempt to fold the elastic sheet looks too difficult, don't give up. Repeat step by step several times and train hard. You can!
- Fold the top sheet to the same size as the elastic sheet to facilitate organization in the closet.
- To avoid losing the sheet set, keep all the pieces together. You can do this in two ways: the first is by placing the top sheet and pillowcases inside the elastic sheet. The second option is to keep the two sheets in one of the pillowcases.
- But never store sheets in plastic bags. This can lead to mold and mildew, especially if the sheet has just been removed from the dryer or has been ironed.
- Always store your sheets in a cool, dry place.
- To leave your sheets scented, before you fold, sprinkle some water with fabric softener or water with some essential oil, such as lavender and orange. When you put them to bed, you will feel that soft and comforting scent.
Did you see how to do it? Now just train and become the expert in folding elastic sheets!