Glass is a type of material used in the manufacture of various types of products, ranging from doors and windows to the furniture and objects that we use most in our daily lives, such as the dining table, television, cell phones and others.
Therefore, it is very common to come across situations in which it is necessary to know how to take the risk of glass. After all, such delicate surfaces are more susceptible to surface damage.
However, there is no need to be scared, as there are very simple and inexpensive ways to deal with this type of problem. You will not even need to leave the house to find products that will help you in this process.
The pieces of glass with which we have the most contact are the tempered ones, they are made of a more resistant material than the common version, therefore, they do not break so easily.
In addition, you will find that the process of taking a glass risk is very fast. So, don’t be afraid to follow the tips that we separate below.
Know what precautions to take when trying to take the risk of glass
Regardless of the type of glass you will be dealing with, you need to take a lot of care so that this material is not permanently damaged. In view of this, these are some things you should avoid:
- Do not use abrasive products on the surface. They can cause more damage to the glass and affect its durability.
- If you can, always use protective equipment when handling the glass, such as gloves and a mask. In this way, it is possible to avoid allergic rations to the products used.
Now that you are aware of the precautions you should take, we are going to teach you some methods of how to take risks from glass using products that you probably have at home.
Methods of taking risk of glass
There are several techniques on how to take the risk of glass at home, as well as several products that can help you.
However, before following any procedure, it is necessary to prepare the glass to eliminate the risk. Knowing this, it is recommended that you clean the surface with a cloth moistened with water and neutral detergent, and clean.
As soon as the dirt is removed, wipe with a cloth moistened with clean water and then another one, however, dry.
Ready! Then, just choose a method of taking a glass risk from the tips below.
How to Take Risk of Glass Using Toothpaste
One of the most popular techniques on how to take a glass risk is using toothpaste. We will explain how to carry out this process, step by step, below:
- In warm water, moisten a cloth. If possible, and if hot water bothers your hand, wear gloves.
- Then squeeze a little white toothpaste, in the same amount that you usually use to brush your teeth, over the cloth.
- Then, apply the toothpaste to the scratched area of the glass. Making circular movements in the area, for 30 seconds, uninterrupted. Do not use too much force, as this may end up breaking the glass.
- If the scratches have not been completely eliminated, reapply the toothpaste and redo the procedure.
- After removing the scratches, use a clean, damp cloth to remove the dirt.
- Finally, with a clean, dry cloth, buff the glass.
How to take risk of glass using soap
In some cases, the scratches that appear on the glass are caused by an accumulation of dirt. Thus, the most appropriate way to eliminate this inconvenience is to use a damp cloth and neutral detergent.
With the products in hand, wipe the surface of the glass and then wipe with a clean, damp cloth in order to remove the cleaning residues.
How to Take Risk of Glass Using Baking Soda
The technique with bicarbonate is very similar to the one that uses toothpaste. This product is a powerful product for cleaning and caring for various types of surfaces.
Here’s how to take the risk of glass with baking soda:
- First, the bicarbonate must become a paste. To do this, mix one tablespoon of baking soda for each one tablespoon of water. Choose the amount according to the size and number of risks.
- Use a clean microfiber cloth, moistened with warm water, and wrap it around your index finger. It is important that you are wearing the glove!
- Run the cloth wrapped around your finger in the baking soda paste.
- Then, apply the paste on the scratched surface of the glass, making circular movements, for 30 seconds.
- If the risk has not completely disappeared, repeat the movement.
- At the end, use a cloth moistened with warm water to finish cleaning the glass.
How to take risk of glass using metal polishing product
Another very effective way to remove the risk of glass is with a metal polishing product. Cerium oxide material can be purchased at any home goods store, tool depots and supermarkets.
Check out the steps that must be followed when using this product:
- Use the metal polishing product to lightly moisten a cotton ball. Note that a large amount of this liquid should not be used, as it can cause permanent damage to the glass.
- Then, apply the polisher on the scratches.
- Then, with a clean cloth moistened with warm water, polish the surface, making circular movements for 30 seconds. In the end, the risk must have gone.
- However, if the risk remains, use toothpaste or baking soda to remove it.
How to take the risk of glass with nail polish
In cases where the scratches are more isolated on the glass, a great technique on how to take a risk of glass is with nail polish. Give preference to colorless enamel, so there will be no risk of staining the surface permanently.
Once you have separated the nail polish, follow the steps below:
- First, apply the enamel on the isolated scratches. Avoid spreading it beyond damage.
- When the enamel dries, it will infiltrate the gap in the glass, leaving it covered.
- After 1 hour, separate a clean cloth and moisten it with an enamel remover.
- Remove all enamel from the scratch area. Do not rub too much, as this can harm the enamel work.
- Finally, wipe the glass surface with a clean cloth.
How to take risk of glass with rouge jeweler’s
Unlike the first option of a metal polishing product, the rouge jeweler is not that cheap. This material is commonly used to cover fine scratches on jewelry, but it is also excellent for removing fine scratches on glass.
It is sold in powder, bar or just on the market and, in any of these versions, the step by step on how to take the risk of glass is as follows:
- Apply a little rouge jeweler over the scratches, with the help of a cloth that has been moistened in warm water.
- Then, using the same cloth, polish the surface, making circular movements for 30 seconds.
- At the end, wipe another clean and damp cloth, in warm water, over the glass until the rouge completely removed.
- Then, use a dry cloth to polish the glass.
Important tips when performing a glass scratching technique
It is important to point out that, although the glasses are made of glass, you should not apply any of these techniques if you find a risk in them, as this can permanently damage them. If you need to remove a scratch from your lenses, take them to an optician.
It is also worth saying that the glass surfaces must be protected, so that they do not suffer damage all the time. If possible, cover them with plastic or specific towels for this.
In cases of very deep risks, prefer to call a glass specialist, as the methods presented here will be ineffective.
In addition, when you perform the scratch removal, do not use too much force and maintain circular movements.
Did you like the tips?
As you noted in this article, the glass scratching tricks are very practical and easy to perform. Furthermore, they are very accessible for everyone.
Did you like these tips? Do you have any criticism or suggestion? So don’t forget to write in the comments!