Like every piece of furniture in the house, the floors also deserve attention, as they are more than just the place where we step, they also add style and comfort to our homes.
Therefore, the floor should receive as much attention during the cleaning as the other parts of the house. Therefore, it is important to know what type of material is used for its composition, since each one must receive a different treatment at the time of cleaning.
With that in mind, we have separated some tips on how to clean floors, so you can identify which type is most similar to your home and perform the cleaning properly. Keep reading to learn more!
How to Clean Old Floor
Passing a broom or a cloth on the floor is basic care, which applies to any type of floor, but in the case of a more thorough cleaning for these surfaces, it is necessary to follow more specific procedures, which are not the same for all floors.
Let’s start the tips for cleaning these surfaces by teaching you step by step how to clean old floors. Check out:
- First, remove excess dirt with a broom or vacuum cleaner.
- Then prepare a solution of 1 liter of 1 liter of water, 1 cup (200 ml) of white vinegar, 1 spoonful of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of neutral detergent. When adding all these ingredients, mix them well.
- Then, pour the solution into the dingy spot.
- Scrub the area with a hard-bristled broom or using a brush, if you find it necessary to scrub only specific points on the floor.
- At the end of this cleaning, do not forget to wipe with a dry cloth so that the floor is not slippery.
In addition to following these instructions, if you want, you can let the solution work for about 10 or 15 minutes before rubbing.
How to clean grimy floors
There are several products on the market that can help remove the dirt that makes the floor look grimy, however, for those who do not like to spend a lot of money on these items, a homemade solution capable of removing these stains is sodium bicarbonate.
The technique of how to clean dirty floors with bicarbonate is very simple, see the step by step:
- Mix the baking soda with a little hydrogen peroxide.
- Leave the mixture to act for a few minutes and, with the help of a soft brush or a clean microfiber cloth, rub.
- Finally, remove the excess.
If you feel that this solution will not solve your problem, another option you can apply on how to clean grimy floors, which is as simple as the previous one, is to use salt and lemon.
To do this, you must follow the steps below:
- Squeeze the lemon onto the floor, until the stain is completely covered.
- Then, spread a little salt over it.
- Let the products work together for a few minutes.
- Then rub the stain with a soft brush or sponge, gently.
- At the end, wipe with a dry cloth and remove the excess.
How to clean grimy tile floors
The procedure on how to clean grimy ceramic floors is very simple. However, it is necessary to pay close attention when handling the cleaning material, as the ceramic is delicate and can end up stained.
Therefore, follow the method of how to clean dirty tile floors below:
- Make a solution by mixing neutral detergent and water.
- Then apply this mixture to the floor with a broom.
- It is important that you scrub everything, including grouts, as they are more likely to get dirty.
- Finally, remove the solution using a wet cloth.
Don’t forget to wipe with a damp cloth to remove excess water on the floor and prevent anyone from slipping.
How to clean non-slip floors
The non-slip floor is a type of surface that needs a lot of care, therefore, cleaning should be done at least once a week or every 15 days. It is also necessary to be cautious and avoid the use of bleach and stain removal products, as they can damage the material.
Thus, it is very important to know how to clean non-slip floors in the correct way. Here is the step by step on how to accomplish this task:
- Sweep the area properly before proceeding with cleaning.
- In a bucket, mix water and neutral detergent.
- Pour the solution on the floor and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Then, use a hard-bristled broom and, with the floor still wet, make circular movements throughout the area.
- With a high pressure hose or bucket of water, remove the soap.
- Finally, remove excess water with a squeegee and dry the floor with a cloth, if necessary.
How to Clean Grimy White Floors
White floors tend to grime more easily and accumulate several stains along their length. So it is important that they are swept, vacuumed or scrubbed daily, if possible.
However, if even with frequent cleaning the stains insist on appearing, just follow this technique of how to clean dingy white floors:
- Place ½ cup of baking soda in a bucket of warm water. So, mix well.
- Using a brush, scrub the entire floor.
- Fill another bucket with cold water and wet a clean cloth. Use it to clean the coating covered by the solution, removing excess product.
How to clean porcelain floors
Cleaning the porcelain floor is as simple as the ceramic procedure. As with other types of surfaces, you must first sweep the floor to remove excess dirt.
Then, to achieve the gloss of the surface, just follow these steps on how to clean porcelain floors:
- Rub a cloth moistened with a mixture of water and neutral detergent.
- Then, repeat the process with a cloth moistened only in water, to rinse.
- At the end, use a third cloth, now dry, to remove the excess.
Floor cleaning mixture
Sometimes we don’t have the time or money to spend on a specific product for cleaning floors, so you need to improvise with materials that you probably already have at home or that are more affordable, creating a mixture to clean floors.
To create this mix, you will need:
- 4 liters of water;
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda;
- 200 ml of 70% alcohol;
- 90 ml of creamy oxygen water vol. 30;
- 200 ml of coconut detergent.
After gathering the ingredients, just follow the steps below, which will help you make a mixture to clean the floor:
- Pour the 2 liters of water into a large container, then add the baking soda and mix well until the second item is completely dissolved in the first.
- Add alcohol and mix and mix well.
- Then add the hydrogen peroxide and continue mixing.
- Then add the detergent, little by little, and continue stirring.
- Then add another 1 liter of water and continue mixing carefully.
- Finally, transfer the mixture to smaller containers, such as PET bottles.
The product of this mixture for cleaning floors is wonderful and, in addition to stocking in your home for a long time, you can also sell it!
Cleans miraculous floor
Everyone is looking for that perfect product to make the floor shiny. So, if you were looking for a clean miracle floor, here’s a recipe to create a solution that does away with the stains that leave the grimy surface:
- 1 grater;
- 1 basin;
- 1 liter of hot water;
- Soap shavings;
- 200 ml of fabric softener;
- 100 ml of alcohol;
- 200 ml of vinegar.
With the ingredients separated, preparing the clean miracle floor will be simple, just follow the step by step:
- Take the soaps, preferably the ones that are old, and pass them on the grater.
- Then place the zest inside the bowl and pour the hot water, until it dissolves.
- Then, add the other ingredients to the solution and mix well, until the composition is homogeneous.
- If the floor cleaner is very concentrated, top it up with water.
- Finally, store the mixture in a plastic bottle, so you can use it whenever you need it.
When you are going to use the solution, dilute two measures of it in a bucket with water. Then, moisten a clean cloth with the clean miracle floor and apply on the floor, making smooth movements. Then, finish by removing the excess.
Do you already feel ready to start cleaning your floor?
Getting a shiny, well-kept floor requires a little work, but it is not impossible and it does not require absurd expenses. However, it is worth mentioning that it is important to understand the type of material you are dealing with, to prevent damage from happening.
In addition, it is necessary to remember to do a superficial cleaning to remove dust and other dirt, so that the cleaning of the floor is more fluid and does not affect your health.