Sneakers are the garments that are most likely to get dirty, even if gradually and slowly. This is because they are closer to the ground, where there is a lot of dirt. In addition, these shoes are some of the most esteemed goods among people, since they say a lot about someone’s style, and it is practically impossible to leave without putting them on.
Therefore, it is necessary to know how to clean sneakers, therefore, it will be possible to keep them clean and presentable for a longer time. Furthermore, it is necessary to know how to perform this cleaning in a correct and safe way.
To address these issues, we have prepared a list of tips on how to clean sneakers. Keep reading to learn more!
How to clean fabric sneakers
Sneakers can be made of materials, so this means that they must be cleaned in specific ways. Thus, it is necessary to understand the specifics of how to clean fabric sneakers, in order to prevent the item from suffering permanent damage.
In addition to cleaning these shoes, you need to wash them so that they are really clean. However, before carrying out this process, it is important that the excess dirt is removed, for this it is possible to use a brush. Then just follow the instructions below:
- After removing excess dirt, you can wet your shoes and wash them with the help of a brush and soap.
- If the stains are difficult to remove, try to soak your sneakers for a few minutes. Avoid scrubbing hard.
- Finally, when the sneaker is very clean, rinse it and let it dry in an airy place.
Another technique on how to clean fabric sneakers by hand is as follows:
- Mix neutral detergent and warm water until foam forms.
- Then, using a soft bristle brush, pass the solution all over the fabric, without forgetting to rub the tongue and the inside as well.
- If the stains are too strong, add white vinegar and baking soda to the solution, then rub the sneaker again.
- Other options are the use of coconut soap or lemon juice, to remove strong stains.
- At the end, rinse the shoe with running water to prevent the fabric from hardening after drying.
Leave them to dry in a shady place, on a flat surface, as placing them in the sun can damage the color of the shoes.
How to Clean New Balance Sneakers
Per recommendations of the brand itself, the ideal thing to make the product look like new is to follow the instructions on how to clean New Balance sneakers, which are as follows:
- Clean the shoes using a damp cloth or sponge;
- Then let it dry in a flat, shaded place.
More importantly, do not perform any of the actions in the list below:
- Do not put in the washing machine;
- Do not use bleach, washing powder, detergent and any other chemical products;
- Do not soak;
- Do not tumble dry.
These practices can permanently damage tennis shoes, so be careful.
How to clean black sneakers
Often the cleaning of black shoes is ignored, since due to their color, they end up being ignored. In addition, accidents can happen and you will wonder how to clean black sneakers.
To clean this item, follow the steps below:
- First, remove excess dirt from the shoes, tap the sneakers against each other a few times.
- Mix a little neutral detergent and warm water, until a foam is formed.
- Then, wet a stiff bristle brush with the solution and rub the surface firmly, without straining, over the entire surface of the shoe.
- Rub the rubber parts on the sides of the sneakers. If they are white, rub them for a while until they are well cleaned.
- Then use a damp cloth to remove the detergent from the sneakers.
- Finally, let them dry.
How to clean sneakers with baking soda
One of the most common homemade tennis cleaning techniques is to use baking soda. For this, the material in question only needs to be accompanied by two other ingredients: alcohol and neutral detergent.
A tablespoon of baking soda should be placed in a small bowl. Then, you should add the alcohol, little by little, until a homogeneous mixture is formed, similar to a soft body cream.
With the solution ready, the steps on how to clean tennis shoes with bicarbonate are as follows:
- Using a little water, moisten your sneakers.
- Then use a toothbrush to spread the mixture over the surface of the shoe.
- Apply the solution in abundance in places where stains and dirt are greatest.
- Leave the baking soda to work for at least 10 minutes. Then, rinse it off.
- Finally, using a sponge, rub the surface of the item and repeat the rinse.
How to clean white sneakers
There are several ways on how to clean white sneakers. One of the most practical techniques is using a mixture of detergent and hot water. Just rub the solution on your shoes with the help of a soft bristle brush.
However, if you are looking to understand how to clean white sneakers in a more specific way, we present some techniques below. Keep reading!
How to clean white screen sneakers
A light colored shoe with fabric is always a matter of concern when it comes in contact with dirt, because, because it has a delicate surface, many people have no idea how to clean it or fear damage.
However, there is no need to worry, as the method for cleaning sneakers is as follows:
- Use slightly warm water to remove excess dirt. Take care that she doesn’t spend too much time in tennis.
- Then, rub the sole of the shoes with mild soap (or coconut) applied to a soft bristle brush.
- On the knitted part of the sneaker, which has a more delicate fabric, rub it gently, using the brush and soap.
There are, however, situations where the spots will be more persistent. In such cases, there are three ways to perform the cleaning:
- Gently rub the tennis stains with baking soda and then rinse them to remove excess product.
- Use white vinegar and follow the instructions in the previous tip.
- Make a solution of one part of bleach in five parts of water. Then rub the mixture lightly on the stains.
In all these techniques, a quick and abundant rinse is essential to remove any residue from the solution used.
How to clean white sneakers with toothpaste
One item that most people have at home and helps to solve many problems, is toothpaste. This includes lighter shoes, which can be cleaned using only this material. So, to apply the technique of how to clean white sneakers with toothpaste, just follow the step by step:
- Rub the toothpaste with an old toothbrush on the parts you want to clean. Do not apply too much force, as this can damage the fabric.
- Allow the paste to act for a few minutes and then rinse.
- Where there is rubber, it is not necessary to save the use of force.
If stains persist, perform the process again.
How to Clean Yellowish White Sneakers
In addition to being able to apply the other techniques already taught in this article, a very efficient way of cleaning yellowish-white sneakers is to use a solution with a bleach. To follow this procedure, the steps are:
- Dip the shoe in a solution of water with a measure of liquid soap (or powder) and let it soak.
- While the shoe rests in the solution, mix a small amount of bleach with water.
- Then apply this mixture to the sneakers using a brush.
- Rub the parts that are more yellow and, at the end, remember to rinse the sneakers.
Did you like the tips on how to clean sneakers?
As you can see throughout the text, techniques on how to clean sneakers are simple and accessible, in addition to being quick and practical.
However, it is not possible to rely on the techniques only when the dirtiness of the shoes is already advanced, it is necessary to take care of the appearance of the shoes with a certain frequency so that they are always shiny.
Did you like the tips? Do you have any other suggestions or criticisms? Write in the comments!